Sunday, September 28, 2008

HEY Mr. Midnight, I'm looking for you.

It's been months since I read Leisureville and still I am obsessed with checking this guy out. I loaned the book to some of my neightbors, got them fired up with indignation and last week went out looking. (Just to insure that I not come away disappointed I drank a bit and had some fun till he REVEALED himself.)

A friend and I went to Urban Flats in Sumter Landing, I had never been there before and was pleasantly surprised that you can eat and drink till midnight. This would be a great place for Mr. Midnight in that he could go straight from bar to lair. I was sadly disappointed that there were no men wearing capes to identify themselves, not even a t-shirt saying "Hey Babe I'm up at Midnight".

I did see a potential MM, a schlump dressed like a librarian driving an imported sports car. Twenty+ years ago when that thing rolled off the assembly line it was pricey, but again...no cape, no custom tags. He left alone, does Midnight ever leave alone?

Another thought plagues me, we know this guy is a retired teacher. All the teachers I have ever met were (don't flame me over this) CHEAP. Does Midnight buy drinks for girls? Is he one of those slick guys who slide up next to you and say "Hey Baby can I buy you a Cadillac?" or is he the type who would say "You're already drunk, GREAT, lets' go."

HEY MM, buy a cape. I don't want to become an alcoholic trying to track you down.

No comments: