Sunday, September 28, 2008

Andrew Blechman Speaks Again....and Again....and Again

I recently tripped across another blog where Mr. Blechman, author of the book Leisureville is again commenting on the concept of age segration in housing and specifically The Villages. Here are the comments he made regarding the recent visit of Sarah Palin.....


"Massive Turnout for Make-Believe Candidate in Make-Believe Village
No real surprise here. The Villages is a must-visit Republican bastion of veteran-voters on the Republican Whistle-stop Tour each year. The developer, Gary Morse, also happens to be one of the biggest donors to the Republican Party in the nation (lower case t and n, no s.) I don't find it particularly surprising that in The Villages' land of make-believe candidate Sarah Palin would be a popular draw. Here's an account of the event, as presented by The Villages' developer-owned daily newspaper, a.k.a. Pravda :http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/articles/2008/09/22/news/news01.txt "


I can't believe the audacity of this man, is he crazy or what? Make believe candidate? HUH?Make believe village? HUH?

This character spent a few weeks here several years ago, didn't like the place and has been taking jabs ever since. I was shocked to see he is still at it.

I'm thinking that this guy could use a good shrink. I checked out his bio and it is very vague...he has a Masters in Journalism from Columbia. He apparently resides in New England with his wife and children and also lives in Germany. No mention of his family background.

What does his anger stem from? As an amateur shrink I have my theories.....in my uneducated opinion he might be suffering from some sort of seperation anxiety from his parents. What did they do leave him in New England and take off for The Villages to squander his potential inheritance on an endless game of Bunco and long nights till 10pm at Katie Belle's. Maybe he was weaned at too early an age, maybe raised in a single or no-parent home. I don't know. What I do know is that this guy is now appearing to be a one trick pony who needs to move on.

What is with this guy?

No comments: