Thursday, June 26, 2008

CLUBS IN THE VILLAGES

Every Thursday the local paper has a supplement with all the club offerings for the following week. You could literally spend every day of the week going to club things and I guess after 9pm you could go hunting for Mr. Midnight.

I always read them, but so far haven't joined any. I guess I'm just not a club type of person, not really a joiner. I'm not at all artistic, not all that chipper. One of my favorite clubs to observe is the Villages Cheerleaders. You want to see perky and chipper. Watching them you just know that these were the same girls that were cheering in high school and they have never stopped.

If you can't find an established club to join you can start your own. I had thought about a club for pessimists, but that would never work. I'd really like a club for people that still smoke, don't want to anything that will work up a sweat and have no artistic ability. I don't know what we would call it. Drinking will be allowed in this club, it will actually be encouraged. I guess we would have to have our meetings outdoors or everybody will be outside smoking anyway.

Getting back to my HERO, Mr. Midnight....maybe we could start a club called The Maidens of Midnight. Thankfully, I'm not elegible for that one.

I guess one can always dream.

No comments: